Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Name
Email
Question
Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Proof of Divorce

Q: I need a document as proof of my talaaq (divorce) for the bank because I want the bank to transfer the bond onto my name. Would such a document be obtainable and how do I go about getting one. According to the bank I need a certificate of divorce with a stamp as well as stating the amount of child maintenance I receive.

A:
Was the Talaaq written and issued? If yes, then use that document. If not, request your ex partner through someone to prepare such a document. The document can then be certified by a commissioner of oaths in your area. Contact the Darul Uloom for further information. (041 457 1326).

Mufti Siraj Desai