Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Name
Email
Question
Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Accidentally Touching Wife and Wudhu

Q: My wife gets angry if I accidentally touch her while she is in the state of wudu. I am Hanafi and my wife is Shafi. Do I break her wudu?
A: It is clearly stated in all the Shaafi'ee books of Fiqh that if the husband or a Ghayr Mahram (strange) male touches the female skin on skin, the Wudhu breaks. Your Wudhu will not break by touching her but her Wudhu will break. You should respect her Madh-hab and not touch her while she is in the state of Wudhu. Each Madh-hab has its own set of proofs from Qur'aan and Sunnah, details of which are obviously very technical and lengthy.

Moulana Yusuf Laher
Checked and approved by: Mufti Siraj Desai