Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Name
Email
Question
Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bleeding After Ten Days in Menstruation

Q: I had my haidh (menstrual bleeding) and had been clean (no bleeding) for 10 days. I started bleeding again. I understand that the normal clean period is 15 days. If i'm still bleeding do I count 15 days and say that it is haidh or do I call this period Istihaadha?

A:
A clean period that separates two haidh should be at least 15 days. You had a clean period of only 10 days. Therefore in Shariah this is counted as a continuation of the previous bleeding. If you have a fixed monthly cycle then consider that amount as your last haidh, and all subsequent bleeding, including the bleeding you are currently experiencing, will be istihaadha.

Mufti Siraj Desai