Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Name
Email
Question
Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Unhappy with Wearing Scarf

Q: I am 19 years old. I wear a scarf but I don't like wearing it. I force myself to wear it and I feel like I'm not ready for wearing it. Can I start wearing when I feel that I'm completely ready for it? I'm actually really unhappy wearing it.

A
. That you are wearing scarf while not liking it shows you respect the Law of Allah. Maasha Allah! This is a sign of true Imaan. These thoughts of wondering when one will be ready for scarf and Hijaab are all whispers of Shaytaan trying to entice you away from Shari'ah.

By now the scarf should have been replaced with full Hijaab. The scarf does not suffice for you anymore. Islam has not stated that a law should be practiced upon when we are ready for it. Many of the laws go against our grain, but we have to fulfil and abide by them, happily or unhappily. By you donning full Hijaab and going against your Nafs, you will earn even more reward Inshaa Allah Ta'aala. Remember that all the laws are in place for our benefit and protection. There are unimaginable and numerous benefits in the Divine laws. You are a gem with the treasure of Imaan. Protect yourself from the illicit gazes of others.
May Allah open your heart towards complete obedience to the Shari'ah, Aameen.

Moulana Yusuf Laher
Checked and approved by: Mufti Siraj Desai