Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Name
Email
Question
Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Performing Hajj for my Father

Q: Can I perform my deceased father's hajj if I have done my fard hajj?

A.
If Haj is already Fardh on you then to perform Haj Badl for someone while delaying your own Fardh Haj is sinful (Makrooh Tahreemi). The sin is for delaying one's own Haj which has already become Fardh on oneself. In this case you should first perform your own Haj.

If Haj is not Fardh on you and you perform Haj Badl, it is not advisable (Makrooh Tanzeehi). In both cases the Haj Badl will be valid. (Al Bahrur Raa'iq V3 P74)

Moulana Yusuf Laher
Checked and approved by: Mufti Siraj Desai