Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Name
Email
Question
Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Taking an Oath on Parents

Q: I took the following oath: "I take an oath on my parents and all the Prophets that in future I would never do a certain action". After taking this oath, I still did the action. How do I give Kaffarah (compensation) for this broken oath?

A: By taking an oath on anyone else besides Allah Ta'ala, no Kaffarah becomes compulsory. Therefore, there is no Kaffarah due upon you. Keep in mind that to take an oath on anyone else besides Allah Ta'ala, is a major sin. This is prohibited in the Hadith. Repent for this sin and in future do not take an oath on anyone else besides Allah Ta'ala. (Beheshti Zewar V3 P53)

Answered by: Moulana Yusuf Laher; Checked and approved by: Mufti Siraj Desai