Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Name
Email
Question
Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Paying Extra after Delay in Debt

Q: A person owes me money. After many months he decides to pay me what he owes me but, feeling guilty, he decides to pay me extra out of his own will because he feels he made me wait long for the money he owes me. Can I accept this or will this be considered to be interest?

A: Yes you may accept the extra payment because neither was it made a condition when you lent him the money nor were you expecting any extra repayment.
And Allah knows best
Written by : Moulana Nazeem Moosagie
Checked and ratified by: Mufti Siraj Desai