Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Court Marriage Only

Q: My husband and I have been married for 5 years. He is Muslim and I have recently converted to Islam. We did not have an Islamic marriage, we were just married in the court. I think this is Zina (adultery) and I need to know what to do about it. I have recently converted to Islam and I need to make sure we are doing everything the right way. Will my husband and I be forgiven if this is Zina? Tell me what I should do please.

Firstly, you need to make Nikah (marriage) all over again. Go to the nearest Aalim, Moulana, Shaykh or Imam and ask him to perform your Nikah, which will be done as normal and with a new dowry. Thereafter make sincere repentance to Allah for making such a big mistake. But rest assured, Allah is Most Merciful. Once you make sincere repentance and you do the Nikah over again, Allah will grant total forgiveness. There is no doubt in this.

Mufti Siraj Desai