Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Name
Email
Question
Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Boy Kissing Boy

Q: Under what conditions does Sharia allow me to kiss an Islamic friend? I am a boy and I love a boy for Allah and Islam. Can I kiss him on neck or cheeks. I have seen many people and Islamic scholars kiss each other on the face when they meet, especially Arabs.

A.
It is not permissible for a young boy to kiss another boy. This is stated in the Fiqh Kitabs such as Raddul-Muhtaar and others. The Arabs who do this do it because of a custom among their communities. This is allowed between elders if it is part of their tradition.
It is permissible for a male to kiss the hand of an Aalim or senior out of respect.

Mufti Siraj Desai