Ask a Question

Write as briefly as possible. Answer will be sent to your email. Selected questions and answers will be posted on this site.

Name
Email
Question
Tip: How to backup outlook express
Handy outlook express backup software tool than backup and restore email.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Eating Past Sehri Time

Q: I have been fasting but just discovered that there is such a thing as sehri time. Does that mean all the days I have fasted and eaten after sehri time has passed are not valid? Even if I was not aware of this. I converted to Islam about 2 years ago but am very alone and know no Muslim to guide me in these things. I really need to know if what I have done has been for nothing and what I need to do next.

A: Ignore the past mistakes you made with regard to eating pass the sehri time. In future, make sure that you stop eating before Sehri time (approximately one hour thirty minutes before sunrise). Your fast will be accepted.

Mufti Siraj Desai